• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram

Western University

Western University

General Information

Western University serves over 27 000 students at its campus in London, Ontario. Western University offers a large variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in its 12 schools and faculties:

  • Faculty of Arts and Humanities
  • Don Wright Faculty of Music
  • Faculty of Education
  • Faculty of Engineering
  • School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
  • Faculty of Health Sciences
  • Faculty of Information and Media Studies
  • Faculty of Law
  • Richard Ivey School of Business
  • Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
  • Faculty of Science
  • Faculty of Social Science

The address of Western University is:

Western University:
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario  N6A 3K7
(519) 661-2111


Accessibility Services

Accessibility Services

At Western University, the office providing accessibility services for students is called the Student Accessibility Services, located at the Student Development Centre (SDC).  Student Accessibility Services is the primary place to find out about all of your disability related needs.

King's University College

As an affiliated university campus of Western, King's is a supportive environment which is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free learning environment. Our Accessibility Services office provides services geared towards a wide range of needs. 

Accessibility Plan

For more information about accessibility at Western University, and their current initiatives to address issues of accessibility, please see Western University's Accessibility Plan.

Documentation Required

To access accommodations, students must submit the following documents to Student Accessibility Services:

For Learning Disabilities and ADHD

  • A psychoeducational report (including a diagnosis) by a psychologist (For LDs or ADHD)
  • An ADHD assessment by a qualified practitioner (a family doctor’s note can be temporarily accepted) (For ADHD)
  • An IEP/IPRC is acceptable as interim documentation

For Physical and Medical Disabilities, and Mental Health Conditions

  • A note or letter from a qualified practitioner, including a diagnosis
  • Students can also have their health practitioner fill out the Medical Documentation Form

King's College Documentation Requirements: 

The type of documentation that Student Accessibility Services requires depends on the nature of the student's disability, and the ways in which it affects academic performance. In general, students who request accommodation are required to provide documentation of their disability from a professional who is qualified to diagnose the condition, and to comment on associated difficulties that may arise at University, or while engaged in course or program related work. Specific information about doumentation requirements for King's College can be found on their website


For more information about required documentation or how to obtain proof of your disability, contact Western University's Student Accessibility Services directly.

Support Services Available

Health Services

At Western University, the Student Health Services in an appointment-based and urgent care medical clinic, providing health care for all students at Western University and affiliated colleges.

Counselling Services

Western University offers Counselling for any student who may be experiencing stressful events in their life.

Academic Support

Western University's Student Development Centre offers several resources to students to support their academic studies.  The Writing Support Centre offers a variety of programs to help students with their academic writing. Learning Skills counsellors can provide information and support to help Western students achieve academic success.

Library Services

Western University offers different libraries for various faculties. The libraries offer services for students including borrowing services, interlibrary loans, media booking, study and collaborative learning spaces. The libraries at Western University also offer accessible services for students with disabilities.

Academic Advising

Western University offers academic advising to students through each of the different colleges and faculties.

Other Support Services

Financial Aid

Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards

Western University’s Student Finances office offers a range of  financial assistance which consists of merit-based scholarships, need-based bursaries, and awards based on academic achievement. Information regarding Western University’s financial aid is available on their website, as well as complete lists of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and contact information.

Residence and Housing

On-Campus Housing

Western University’s Housing Office offers traditional, suite and hybrid-style residence. All first year students are guaranteed a spot in residence if they complete the online application prior to the deadline provided. Traditional style residence includes single and double rooms with shared washrooms on each floor. Suite style residence accommodates several students in private rooms with a shared bathroom, shared kitchen and shared living space. Hybrid-style residence includes single rooms with semi-private washrooms shared between two residents. Building amenities include:

  • Common lounges
  • Common study spaces
  • Access to a 24/7 front desk
  • Maintenance
  • Laundry facilities

All rooms in residence come furnished and wired and wireless internet access is available in all rooms. Residence rates vary depending on residence style, room choice and building selection. Meal plans are mandatory in all reasidences except Alumni House and London Hall. Meal plans operate on a meal based and flex dollar system and several different plans are available.

Western University offers several barrier-free rooms. Students requiring special accommodations while in residence must complete the Medical Accommodation Request Form during the residence application process. Students are encouraged to contact the Services for Students with Disabilities Office for assistance.

Off-Campus Housing

Western University's Off-Campus Housing Service offers an accommodation listing service, where landlords can advertise rental properties available.

Getting Around

Campus Accessibility

Western University offers Accessible Maps & Floor Plans of the campus.

London Transit

London Transit operates a fleet of buses. Full-time students at Western University receive a bus pass included in their tuition. Routes and schedules are provided for each bus route.

The LTC uses accessible buses which include low floors and designated scooter and wheelchair securement areas. 

The LTC offers the Support Person Pass which allows users of the transit system who require a support person to have this person travel with them at no additional cost. Persons interested in the Support Person Pass must fill out the application form.

The Specialized Transit service administers the various accessible transportation services in London. The Specialized Transit service offers an accessible fixed route-service connecting users to community destinations, workshops and medical shuttles, and door-to-door services. Information about eligibility guidelines and the application process is available on their website.

Academic Programs

Western University offers a wide range of academic programs in their 12 faculties and schools. Information about the academic programs and educational opportunities at Western University is available on their website.

Contact Information

Student Accessibility Services
(519) 661-2147
Located at Western Student Services Building, 4th floor

Student Health Services
(519) 661-3030
Located in Room 11, UCC

Counselling Service
(519) 661-3030
Located in Room 11, UCC

Library Services
(519) 661-2111

Student Finances
(519) 661-2100
Located in Room 1120, Western Student Services Building

Housing Office
(519) 661-3547
Located in Ontario Hall, Room 3C10

King's University College
Student Support Services

266 Epworth Avenue
London, Ontario, N6A 2M3
t: 519-433-3491 ext. 4321
f: 519-963-1013
Wemple Building, room 157


Use this checklist to create an overview of the services available at Western University, and to determine if the services meet your needs.