Trent University

Learn about services for students at Trent University, including their accessibility services, peer and academic support programs, financial aid, campus accessibility, and more.

General Information

Trent University serves over 7,000 full and part-time students at its campus in Peterborough, Ontario. It also has a campus in Oshawa, Ontario, called Durham GTA (Greater Toronto Area) that serves 1,000 students. Trent has a wide range of undergraduate degree and diploma programs available, as well as graduate programs.  


The addresses for Trent University are:

Trent University:
1600 West Bank Drive
Peterborough, Ontario  K9L 0G2
(705) 748-1011

Oshawa Campus:
55 Thornton Road South
Oshawa, Ontario  L1J 5Y1
(905) 435-5100

Accessibility Services

Accessibility Services

At Trent University, the office providing accessibility services to students is called Student Accessibility Services (SAS), with locations at the SAS Peterborough campus and SAS Durham GTA. Student Accessibility Services is the primary place to find out about all of your disability related needs.


Accessibility Plan

For more information about accessibility at Trent University, and their current initiatives to address issues of accessibility, please see Trent University’s Accessibility Plan.


Documentation Requirements

In order to access accommodations at Trent University, please visit the linked webpage to learn what documentation is required to show proof of a disability.

Support Services Available

Health Services

Trent University offers medical services on the Peterborough campus at Student Health Services. To book an appointment students can call Student Health Services or stop by during office hours.  At the Durham GTA, students can access health services through the Campus Health Centre.  


Counselling Services

The Counselling Centre at the Peterborough campus, and Counselling Services at the Durham GTA, offer counselling on an individual basis to help students with personal concerns that interfere with academic performance and emotional well-being.


Orientation Services

Trent University offers new student orientation programs on each campus: Peterborough and Durham.


Academic Support

Trent University's Academic Skills Centre on the Peterborough campus offers many resources for students, including academic skills workshopsonline resources, and peer academic mentoring.  On the Durham GTA, Learner Support Services provides individual and group academic consultations, assistance with written work, and students can also access the peer academic mentoring program.


Library Services

Trent University has two libraries: the Thomas J. Bata Library at the Peterborough campus, and the Oshawa Campus Library at the Durham GTA. The libraries offer various resources for students including databases, journals, e-books, and e-videos. Each campus library offers services for students such as borrowing services, interlibrary loans, library skills tutorials, and reference help.


Academic Advising

Trent University offers academic advising at the Peterborough and Durham campus to assist students in planning for program requirements and dealing with any course issues that arise.


Other Support Services

Financial Aid

Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards

Trent University's Scholarships & Financial Aid office offers a range of  financial assistance which consists of merit-based scholarships, need-based bursaries, and awards based on academic achievement. Information regarding Trent University's financial aid is available on their website, as well as complete lists of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and contact information.

Residence and Housing

On-Campus Housing

Trent University students can apply to live in residence at both our Peterborough and Durham GTA campuses. Residence is guaranteed to all incoming first-year students and students participate in room self-selection based on when they completed their residence application.

Peterborough Campus

Located 90 minutes from the GTA, our Peterborough campus offers both traditional and suite style accommodations. Traditional residence consists of single and double occupancy rooms with access to shared washroom facilities. Limited semi-private washroom facilities are also available. Our suite-style residences include single and double occupancy rooms with access to shared living, kitchen, laundry, and washroom facilities.

Durham GTA Campus

In September 2020 a brand new residence facility was opened at the Durham campus. This building is traditional style with the option for both single and double rooms. Students in our Durham residence also have access to private study rooms, shared single-use washrooms, and common rooms with fully equipped kitchens.

All residence buildings include the following amenities:

  • Furnishings (including a bed, desk, chair, lamp, and wardrobe)
  • Wi-fi
  • Common lounges
  • Maintenance
  • Laundry Facilities
  • 24/7 Security and access control
  • 24/7 availability of housing services staff via our service desk or on-call rotation

Residence rates vary depending on room selection. All students living in residence are required to purchase a meal plan based on their room type.

Several barrier-free rooms are available for students with Accessibility & Unique Needs. Students requiring these rooms must complete the “Accessibility in Residence” section of the residence application and provide necessary medical documentation.


Off-Campus Housing

Trent University has a library of off-campus housing resources available for both our Peterborough and Durham GTA campuses. Students can use these resources to explore what vacancies exist in the local area, connect with landlords, and also see if other groups of students are looking to fill vacancies in their spaces.

Getting Around

Campus Accessibility

Trent offers campus maps for each campus.


Peterborough Transit

Peterborough Transit is comprised of buses. Full-time students at Trent University receive a bus pass included in their tuition, which provides unlimited access to Peterborough Transit. Bus routes and schedules are provided for every transit route that Peterborough Transit provides.


Peterborough Transit offers accessible services with such features such as low floors, priority and courtesy seating, and a ramp. If a person requires a support person to ride with them, they can apply for the support person pass which allows the support person to travel free of charge.

The Accessible Van Service is a door-to-door transit service for persons with mobility impairments, who due to their disability are unable to take the conventional transit system. More information about the Accessible Van Service and the eligibility guidelines and application is available on their website.


Durham Transit

The Durham Region Transit (DRT) is comprised of buses. Full-time students at Trent University receive a Universal Pass (U-Pass) providing unlimited access to DRT transit, included in their tuition. Schedules are provided for DTR buses. Transit maps are offered for each of the DRT different regions.


The DRT provides accessible conventional bus services, with features such as: kneeling features, extendable access ramps, and wheelchair and scooter securement areas. The DRT also offers the Support Person card which allows users of both the conventional and specialized transit system who require a support person to have this person travel with them at no additional cost. Persons who require a support person must complete the application form.

The DRT also offers the Specialized Services which provides door-to-door transit services. More information about the Specialized Services eligibility guidelines and application is available on their website.

Academic Programs

Trent University offers a wide range of Academic Departments, Degrees & Programs. Information about the academic programs and educational opportunities at Trent University is available on their website.

Print Friendly and PDF