Western University

Learn about services for students at Western University, including their accessibility services, peer and academic support programs, financial aid, campus accessibility, and more.

General Information

Western University serves over 27,000 students at its campus in London, Ontario. In addition to its main campus, Western also has 3 affiliated colleges, each with their own classes and students services: King's University College, Huron University, and Brescia University College. Students at these colleges also have full access to courses and services at Western University. Western University offers a large variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in its 12 schools and faculties:

  • Faculty of Arts and Humanities
  • Don Wright Faculty of Music
  • Faculty of Education
  • Faculty of Engineering
  • School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
  • Faculty of Health Sciences
  • Faculty of Information and Media Studies
  • Faculty of Law
  • Richard Ivey School of Business
  • Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry
  • Faculty of Science
  • Faculty of Social Science

The address of Western University is:

Western University:
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario  N6A 3K7
(519) 661-2111


Associated Colleges:

King's University College:
266 Epworth Avenue
London, Ontario  N6A 2M3
(519) 433-3491

Huron University:
1349 Western Road
London, Ontario  N6G 1H3 
(519) 438-7224

Brescia University College:
1285 Western Road
London, Ontario  N6G 1H2
(519) 432-8353

Accessibility Services

Accessibility Services

At Western University, the office providing accessibility services for students is called Academic Support and Engagement. Academic Support and Engagement is the primary place to find out about all of your disability related needs.

King's University College

As an affiliated university campus of Western, King's University College provides acccessibility services for their students through their Accessibility Services office. 


Accessibility Plan

For more information about accessibility at Western University, and their current initiatives to address issues of accessibility, please see Western University's Accessibility Plan.


Documentation Requirements

In order to access accommodations at Western University, please visit the linked webpage to learn what documentation is required to show proof of a disability.

Support Services Available

Health Services

At Western University, the Student Health Services in an appointment-based and urgent care medical clinic, providing health care for all students at Western University and affiliated colleges.


Counselling Services

Western University offers Counselling for any student who may be experiencing stressful events in their life.


Academic Support

Western University's Learning Development and Success team offers resources and supports to all students at Western. The Writing Support Centre offers a variety of programs to help students with their academic writing. Learning Skills counsellors can provide information and support to help Western students achieve academic success.


Library Services

Western University offers different libraries for various faculties. The libraries offer services for students including borrowing services, interlibrary loans, media booking, study and collaborative learning spaces. The libraries at Western University also offer accessible services for students with disabilities.


Academic Advising

Western University offers academic advising to students through each of the different colleges and faculties.


Other Support Services


King's University College 

Student Services

Accessibility, Counselling and Student Development at King's University College supports students in a number of areas such as:

  • Indigenous Students
  • Career Services
  • Mature and Transfer Students
  • First Generation Students
  • Learning Skills Services
  • Accessibility Services
  • Personal Counselling 
  • Mental Health and Wellness


Academic Support

The Learning Hub offers tutoringlearning skills support, and writing help for students at King's University College.


Library Services

The G. Emmett Cardinal Carter Library offers services for studnets at King's University College. 


Academic Advising

King's College offers academic advising for students to help with academic improvement, change of status, impact of course choices and more. 


Huron University

Student Services

Student Services at Huron University support students with money matters, academic advising, international opportunities, and health and wellness. 


Brescia University College

Student Services

Brescia University College's Student Life Centre supports students with initiatives, programs, and services in the following areas:

  • Enhancing career and professional development
  • Supporting orientation and transition
  • Expanding leadership and involvement
  • Fostering experiential education
  • Building awareness and capacity for mental health and well-being
Financial Aid

Scholarships, Bursaries, and Awards

Western University’s Student Finances office offers a range of  financial assistance which consists of merit-based scholarships, need-based bursaries, and awards based on academic achievement. Information regarding Western University’s financial aid is available on their website, as well as complete lists of scholarships, bursaries, awards, and contact information.

Residence and Housing

On-Campus Housing

Western University’s Housing Office offers traditional, suite and hybrid-style residence. All first year students are guaranteed a spot in residence if they complete the online application prior to the deadline provided. Traditional style residence includes single and double rooms with shared washrooms on each floor. Suite style residence accommodates several students in private rooms with a shared bathroom, shared kitchen and shared living space. Hybrid-style residence includes single rooms with semi-private washrooms shared between two residents. Building amenities include:

  • Common lounges
  • Common study spaces
  • Access to a 24/7 front desk
  • Maintenance
  • Laundry facilities

All rooms in residence come furnished and wired and wireless internet access is available in all rooms. Residence rates vary depending on residence style, room choice and building selection. Meal plans are mandatory in all reasidences except Alumni House and London Hall. Meal plans operate on a meal based and flex dollar system and several different plans are available.

Western University offers several barrier-free rooms. Students requiring special accommodations while in residence must complete the Medical Accommodation Request Form during the residence application process. Students are encouraged to contact the Services for Students with Disabilities Office for assistance.


King's College

King's University College provides on-campus housing for approximately 360 students. Double rooms are the standard accommodation for first year students. Students with special considerations may submit a Single Room Request form for consideration.  This form can be downloaded from the Online Residence Application site.


Huron College

Huron University's residence buildings offer single or double rooms in dormitory or suite style residences.  Residence space is guaranteed for first-year if they apply by the deadline. 


Brescia College

Brescia University College residence provides single rooms (with shared bathrooms) and a limited number of rooms with private bathrooms available for students with special considerations.  Residence spaces are guaranteed for all students who apply by the deadline. 


Off-Campus Housing

Western University's Off-Campus Housing Service offers an accommodation listing service, where landlords can advertise rental properties available.

Getting Around

Campus Accessibility

Western University offers Accessible Maps & Floor Plans of the campus.


London Transit

London Transit operates a fleet of buses. Full-time students at Western University receive a bus pass included in their tuition. Routes and schedules are provided for each bus route.


The LTC uses accessible buses which include low floors and designated scooter and wheelchair securement areas. 

The LTC offers the Support Person Pass which allows users of the transit system who require a support person to have this person travel with them at no additional cost. Persons interested in the Support Person Pass must fill out the application form.

The Specialized Transit service administers the various accessible transportation services in London. The Specialized Transit service offers an accessible fixed route-service connecting users to community destinations, workshops and medical shuttles, and door-to-door services. Information about eligibility guidelines and the application process is available on their website.

Academic Programs

Western University offers a wide range of academic programs in their 12 faculties and schools. Information about the academic programs and educational opportunities at Western University is available on their website.  Information about academic programs for the affiliated colleges is available for: King's University CollegeHuron University, and Brescia Uniersity College.

Print Friendly and PDF